Welcome to Sky Awesome CTM Challenge Map.
This sky-block-esque challenge map requires Minecraft 1.9. Many of the tasks are impossible to complete on earlier versions of the game.
The game is running a pretty beefy redstone computer. This computer will check the objectives and build the monument automatically for you. That being said, the redstone might cause slower computers to lag a bit.
- 1. Have fun. If you find any bugs, please report them to [email protected]
- 2. Do not mine blocks from the spawn zone, That would be cheating.
- 3. Do not attempt to collect trophy blocks, that would be cheating.
- 4. There is a block of obsidian on the monument platform. This is the block collector. When a task says to “Place [a block] on the block collector”, you must place the block ON TOP of the obsidian. You will receive credit for placing the block when you hear the sound and the associated trophy block is placed into the monument. You will lose the block you placed after receiving credit for it.
- 5. There is a hopper in the Monument Platform. This is the item collector. When a task says to “deposit [items] into the collector”, you must place the items into THE FIRST SLOT of the hopper. You will receive full credit for depositing the items when you hear the sound and the associated trophy block is placed into the monument. You will lose any items placed into the collector hopper.
- 6. For objectives where multiple deposits are required, do them one at a time so you get credit for them. If you deposit the items too quickly, you may only get partial credit.
- 7. There is a set of secret tasks. The list will be provided to you when you complete a certain hidden task. You will receive rare or impossible to obtain items for completing secret tasks.
- 8. Don’t cheat. Games aren’t fun if you cheat. If you place a cheated block on the collector (a command block, for example) bad things can happen. You have been warned.
- 1. Press control to toss an entire stack of items into the item collector hopper. This will placethe stack of items into the correct position
- 2. Animals can be spawned into the world without mob eggs. Its a challenge map. It’s supposed to be hard. There are some backup mob spawn eggs hidden in the world.
- 3. If a task seems impossible, think outside the box to complete the task. I’ve verified that all tasks are doable and that the deposit for eachfunctions properly.
The inspiration to build a challenge map married to a CTM map came from these people. They are awesome and I highly encourage you to check them out.
- 1. Thanks to Noobcrew, the author of Skyblock, for the idea. I played sky block a few years ago andit was a lot of fun.
- 2. SethBling for his Redstone videos geared toward mapmakers. Most of the redstone wiring and tricks for this game came from watching his videos and experimenting.
- 3. Etho, Guude, PauseUnpause, BDoubleO100, and VintageBeef for their CTM series seasons. I didn’t know about CTMs without their videos. I’ve had a lot of fun watching theirserieses(?), and the coup de gras would be for them to acknowledge and play my map on a series.
For Minecraft 1.9