If you’re looking for a resource pack, I have one right here in the form of Silver Default: my own rendition of the default textures in a 32x format. This mod’s goal is to give players a version of default, with a higher resolution, but while keeping the base textures the same. Along with this, the pack features alternate textures, custom models, some animations, and a little mod support based on your suggestions and my personal choices.
To see a list of all of the features of interest in this resource pack, including models, alternate textures, and more, check the “Special Features” section.
Animated Textures (1.7 +)
- beacon inside
- brewing stand middle piece
- all command blocks (1.9)
- dragon egg
- enchanting table corner pieces
- lit furnaces
- glowstone blocks and dust
- redstone blocks and dust
- redstone lamps
- jack o’ lanterns
- lit redstone torches (applies to the torches on repeaters and comparators)
- normal torches
- blaze powder/rod
- lava bucket
- dragon breath (1.9)
- eye of ender
- ender pearl
- bottle o’ enchanting
- fire charges
- nether star
- potion liquid
- prismarine crystals
- spectral arrow (1.9)
Alternate Textures (1.8 +)
- all wood planks/slabs/stairs
- all leaves
- all flowers
- carrots, potatoes, wheat, and beetroots
- bricks (the ones made from clay, not stone)
- cacti (some have thinner models too)
- all ores
- end stone
- end stone bricks
- ice, packed ice, and frosted ice (1.9)
- glowstone blocks
- tall grass
- sides of grass, podzol, mycelium, grass paths (1.9), and grass with snow.
- lily pads (some have a flower on top)
- lit furnaces
- stone bricks (stairs and slabs included), mossy bricks, cracked bricks, and their respective monster eggs (silver fish blocks)
- stone variants (granite, andesite, polished, etc)
- brewing stand
- enchantment table
- doors (all of them)
- rails (all of them)
- trap doors (all of them)
How to install
- Download file.
- Start Minecraft then click “Options” in the start menu.
- Click “resource packs” in the options menu.
- In the resource packs menu, click “Open resource pack folder”.
- Put the .zip file you downloaded in the resource pack folder.
Silver Default Resource Pack Download Link
|File Name||Status||Game Version||Date|
|Silver Default (1.10 – v3)||Release||1.10.2||Sep 19, 2016|
|Silver Default (1.9.4 – v14)||Release||1.9.4||Sep 19, 2016|
|Silver Default (1.8.9 – v10)||Release||1.8.9||Sep 19, 2016|
|Silver Default (1.7.10 – v7)||Release||1.7.10||Sep 19, 2016|
|Silver Default (1.10 – v1)||Release||1.10||Jun 16, 2016|
|Silver Default (1.9 – v11)||Release||1.9||Mar 26, 2016|