What is Player API?
Are you a content creator for Minecraft, building mods for various creative ideas, to add rich new content to the gloriously varied Minecraft modding community? Then you might know about the Player API, which gives the modders that much needed push to get some of the mods to work in general. This gives you access to client, server, and bukkit classes and simultaneously reduces incompatibility between mods. Many very popular mods like Smart Moving and Aether Mod rely on the Player API to function which in turn makes this a lot like Minecraft Forge or Modloader in that regard.
Player API gives third party mods managed access to the main player class.
Player API Features:
- Gives you access to client, server, and bukkit classes for much more control over the mod you are creating.
- Player entity class is accessible for custom movement and more
Player API is an API which provides access to
- the client class “EntityPlayerSP” aka “cio” or
- the server class “EntityPlayerMP” aka “qw” or
- the bukkit class “EntityPlayer”
while minimizing conflicts between mods.
How to install Player API for Minecraft:
- make sure you download the right file:
- Vanilla for mods on a vanilla (non Minecraft Forge) client/server.
- Forge for mods on a Minecraft Forge client/server.
- Bukkit for bukkit plugins.
- MCPC+ for mods on a MCPC+ server.
- read the “installation” section of your download’s readme files
- Player API server is compatible with Minecraft Forge server, just install Player API server afterMinecraft Forge server.
Player API Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.6.4
For Minecraft 1.7.2
For Minecraft 1.7.10
For Minecraft 1.8